March 23 - April 7, 2022
The 2022 Israel Tourwith Pastor Russ Hurst | March 23 - April 7, 2022
I'm thrilled to share with you the wonderful news that our Lead Pastor, Russ Hurst, will be leading our tour next year! Look at the itinerary that we have just finalized! Because so many of you chose to roll over to next year from our canceled 2020 and 2021 tours, we already have 28 registered for this tour. This will be one tour bus of 50 people, which means there are only 22 more who may join us.
The dates are March 23 - April 7, 2022, and this will be my sixteenth time to coordinate and accompany the group touring this amazing Land. You will see that the tour has our visit to Jordan and Petra in the middle of the tour. I've done the tour this way before and really like it. As you read through the itinerary, I'm excited to share with you some of the things we've added or changed this time:
Israel- Tiberias- we will be staying at the new Magdala Hotel, which is located on the Sea of Galilee, just north of Tiberias. If you have seen the beautiful picture of the lady who was healed by touching the hem of Jesus' garment (Mark 5), the chapel at Magdala is where the original of this picture is located and has been a testimony to so many of Jesus' healing power.
- Dead Sea- we will spend two nights at a beautiful hotel there. You'll have one free afternoon there where you may choose to do an optional spa treatment.
- Masada- we go to Masada every year, but this time we'll visit Masada early in the morning, which is a much better time of the day, due to possible very warm temperatures there.
- Jerusalem- those of you who want to join us one evening, we'll take you on a walk into the Old City where it's very special to view the Western Wall at night.
Jordan- We will tour Jerash, another amazing Decapolis city. This will replace going to the Decapolis city of Beit Shean in Israel.
- Jabbok River- we will stop here, in the land of Gilead, where the angel of the Lord changed Jacob's name to Israel (Genesis 32:28).
- Petra - we'll be touring Petra during the day on a Wednesday, and according to their schedule, every Wednesday evening, we may do an optional guided tour during the evening, by candlelight, where they have over 1,500 candles lit as we walk back into the Siq to the Treasury. I've been to Petra four times and haven't yet been able to experience this!
- Madaba- this city has an amazing mosaic floor depicting the Holy Land in the 6thcentury!
Right now, I don't have the new price but will pass that information on to you when I get it from our travel agent, and they will contact you about your airline choices in May. I hope you are as excited as I am to go to Israel and Jordan next year!
If you have any questions at all, please let me know.
Ginny Traycik, Israel Tour Coordinator
First Assembly of God, Fort Myers, FL